Advanced Search: Tips & Info
Using our Advanced Search is fast and easy. You need only specify the date range, the publication(s) you wish to search, and/or keyword(s) to better target your results. To make things even easier for our visitors, we’ve divided our search options into the five most frequently-searched areas of our site. Following is a description of each search option; clicking on the option will take you directly to that section.
- Search News Stories by Town/Date: Searches only News articles from our publications (no sports, no obituaries, no graduation announcements, etc.) Specify a particular town, as well as keyword(s), for best results.
- Search Obituaries: Searches only the Obituaries sections of The Coast Star and The Ocean Star. Include search keyword(s) (deceased’s name, town, etc.) for best results.
- Search Sports Stories By Sport/School/Date: Searches only Sports articles from our publications (no news, no obituaries, no wedding announcements, etc.) Specify a particular sport, as well as a specific school or league, to get the best matches for your search.
- Search “Milestones” (weddings, births, etc.): Searches only “Milestones” from our publications. Specify the type of event as well as search keywords (bride’s name, student’s school, etc.), for best results.
- Search All Articles: As the name implies, searches every article on our site regardless of content (news, sports, weddings, Letters to the Editor, etc.). You must specify keyword(s) for this type of search, so we can show you only relevant articles.
Note: This Advanced Search includes content from The Coast Star (Monmouth County, NJ) and The Ocean Star (Ocean County, NJ) newspapers, as well as Web-only articles, from Thursday, February 22, 2007 through today. For content prior to this period, please visit our Archives page.